Friday, October 15, 2010

Apples!

During the last few years, we have had the privilege of working with countless vendors in the West Michigan Area. We love sharing with our clients the best that West Michigan has to offer-- because we want our clients to have the event of their dreams.

Fall weddings are wonderful-- they are always unique, and there are countless ways to have fun with a fall theme.

We have a great opportunity for some great party favors-- apples! These aren't just any old apple, as you will see below. Kristin Huyck has developed a way to mark the skin of an apple with nearly any design imaginable. It is completely natural, edible, and awesome! 

Below is what she has to say about her business:

"Each year, the calendar tells us when fall officially starts. Not for me. The fall season starts when the apples are ready for picking. Harvest time. I cant wait to take that first bite, crisp and full of flavor.

Apples are part of me. I am number six, the sixth generation of growing and harvesting Michigan apples. So, naturally, when it came to planning my wedding, apples were a must. And being a woman, I have been planning my wedding since I was 12. 

With the help and support of my father, who doesn't miss a beat with what is going on with the orchards, I began to play around with apples and experimenting with designs on their skins. After many, many seasons, I came up  with what is pictured below. The perfect little gift for each one of my guests. And they are tasty too!" 



No comments: